Friday, November 07, 2008

RAJA PETRA IS FREE!!!!! I LOVE THIS!!

The Star had that on its online site at 10.00am when I opened it. Wow, what a moment. What a relief. Maybe its a Malaysian Obama moment! Or is it an Obama effect? After all we have to believe taht Obama's victory causes a shift in certain fundamental assumptions.

I thought I'd call up Michelle Yoon and let her know. I know she was very glued in on this. I could hear her sigh of relief and happiness too.

So what does it mean?

The Star reported "The judge ruled that the Home Minister had acted outside his jurisdiction when he issued the two-year detention order under Section 8(1) of the ISA."

Ah..outside his jurisdiction!! Then is it illegal? Something like if I were to steal something...that would also be outside my jurisdiction right? Or if I were to pimp, that too would be ourside my jurisdiction, right? Or if I were to prostitute myself or be involved in sodomy, that too would be outside my jurisdiction, right? Or if I were to indulge in corrupt activities or murder, that too would be outside my jurisdiction, right?

Then is Syed Hamid Albar just like one of those guys, a crook, just not caught, investigated and charged yet?

Now its for Pete to sue these buggers.

The problem with the ISA is that it assumes competence on the part of the Internal Security Minister or Home Minister, as that position was once called. It assumes bona fide in the exercise of the powers vested in him. It assumes competent and informed interpretation of the threat imposed by the subject matter of the exercise of that power.

Just reviewing this Minister's performace so far it can be seen very clearly that he has been absolutely incompetent and has abused the powers he has been vested with, not just recklessly carelessly but also knowingly illegally. After all as a Minister I guess he is stopped from feigning innocence!! And since his parliamentary colleagues find it not so objectionable, I now call Syed Hamid Albar a bloody bastard too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home